Thursday, July 14, 2011

I am the master of MY universe

So I have this aunt--we shall call her VV.  VV is a pet name I gave her when we were growing up...mainly to embarrass her around anyone and everyone when she made me mad, but now it's just a fun moniker.  Her first name starts with a V and the second V represents part of her anatomy.  Now that we all understand the acronym, I will explain the role she plays in this story. =)
VV is only 3 1/2 years older than me.  We grew up being very significant people in one another's lives.  She was the aunt some children would sacrifice their parents to the corn for. *giggle* We shared secrets that no one else may even know about still to this day.  We went on the drag around our hometown on Friday nights and hit the movie theater often back in the day.  When she turned 18, I used her 16 year old license to get into the clubs with her...those bouncers either didn't pay enough attention that we had the same name or they didn't care because we were two hot chics they could hit on. lol I was there for her first ticket. She was so mad because it was freezing cold and the cop made her stand outside the car while he leaned in and flirted with me.  I got his number and she still got the ticket! hahaha  We laughed and we played and we schemed and we fought and we made up and we had a blast doing it all!
As kids VV and I always played  rougher things than dainty girls did. We played football and baseball and rode horses and built forts and threw dirt and played with He-man dolls.  She was very much more of a tomboy than I so when we were at her house there was no real possibility of finding a Barbie or Ken lying around anywhere.  
Now I'm all for playing fair and taking turns and all that junk--especially where kids are concerned because it teaches them to play well with others--but NOT my aunt VV.  Oh no! She ALWAYS got first pick.  She always got to sit in front on the horse and she always got to bat first.  Most importantly she ALWAYS got to be He-man and beautiful She-ra while I was ALWAYS stuck being Skeletor and his ugly sidekick girlfriend with the vomit yellow skin and ugly blue outfit! lol
I'm not really sure, but I'm almost positive that this mistreatment somehow scarred me for life! hehehe  I will say this much.  We have grown up to become very dedicated women.  We are dedicated to our families. We are dedicated to our friends.  We are dedicated to our educations.  We are dedicated to numerous other things--including remaining the closest of friends on top of just being kin. She is dedicated to making her new career work. And I am dedicated to some day getting to be She-ra...the Master of My own Universe.  =)
Through it all she remains a person who has my back and so I would like to thank her for making me fight to get air as she held my face under the blanket after she pooted. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment